Supply Chain Manager
Wat je gaat doen
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is responsible for joint leadership of the Supply Chain Services team within the Supply Chain department. The role is broad and covers both operational and managerial activities.
The SCM is responsible for day to day management of staff and ensuring performance of the team. The SCM will work closely with his/her fellow managers to ensure the Supply Chain Services team achieves and exceeds its overall KPIs but also ensure the right culture is cultivated within the team. Below a description of both the operational activities as the management responsibilities.
The SCM will be expected to have an appropriate level of operational tasks which will include: Order Management, Exportation and Importation, Transportation, Customer Service, Performance Management, Data Management, Quality Management.
Besides the operational activities the SCM will have below managerial responsibilities:
- Organize, lead and manage Supply Chain Specialists. Responsible for the performance of the team at both global level and individual staff level.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder communication. Ensure continuous alignment of all disciplines engaged in activities, realization of agreed deliverables and initiation of new initiatives.
- Evaluate project deliverables, manage risks and propose corrective measures to the Head of Supply Chain Operations.
- Leading and coaching the team to perform and to meet the organization's expectations.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Setting goals (HR cycle) for individual development and organizational growth, with the support of Human Resources, when necessary.
Wat we vragen
As the new SCM you will need the following qualifications:
- At least 5-8 years of work experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Proven work experience in management or lead functions.
- Educational level at least HBO.
- Strong organizational skills and experoience with working in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in oral and written English is a must. Command of Spanish and French highly valued.
To be succesfull in this role we need you to have the following competences:
- Strong leadership and proven ability to recruit, direct, train, and manage teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong sense of customer service.
- Solution-oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency.
- IT proficient and a proven ability to work with ERPs and other similar software.
- Ability to oversee supply chains, especially procurement, order fulfilment and logistics.
Wat we bieden
After we successfully guide you through the recruitment process, you will receive a contract from our client. Here you will join and start a wonderful new adventure. In addition, you can expect:
- Working in a great team and a pleasant atmosphere.
- A drive for purpose and a multi-cultural environment.
- Teaming with professionals that put passion into our mission.
- Good compensation package and excellent opportunities for personal development.
Our new client is providing for over more than 15 years services that support the procurement and distribution of essential medicines, supporting governments and organizations in their quest for creating sustainable access to medicines and health products. Their activities span the entire spectrum of health supply chains in low- and middle-income countries. During this history, the portfolio has been continuously expanded and the services adapted to local and contemporary needs. Today this beautiful company is active in more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Americas.