Senior Compliance Officer
For a medium sized Dutch bank located in Rotterdam, active in corporate and retail banking in Europe, DPA is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer with a broad en extensive knowledge and experience within Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, Corruption and Anti-Bribery.
Senior Compliance Officer
Wat je gaat doen
The (Senior) Compliance Officer will be involved in several tasks and responsibilities, varying from policy and procedure setting and interpretation of regulatory laws, to controls within the context of the 2nd line responsibilities of the department. AML tasks will be an important part of those controls.
The Senior Compliance Officer will work closely with business units on specific cases, as well as in general to convey and interpret regulatory requirements, analyse and evaluate data needed to meet these requirements and quality assurance.
He/she will be jointly responsible for designing, evaluating, supporting and influencing a culture of compliance throughout the bank.
The main responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development of compliance initiatives and programs to comply timely with the respective legal and regulatory obligations, both locally and internationally. Aid in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework to support all customer interaction.
•Support the improvement of tools to monitor, analyse, and report suspicious activity. Ensure consistent and timely feedback on cases that have been escalated
• Handle the management and execution of second line monitoring and assessment program for Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF), including file reviews of (suspicious) activities/clients. Manage the resolution of cases through internal and external communications. Ensure detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CTF incidents and cases and maintain a proper register. Help with identifying any AML/CTF loopholes and coordinating projects to bridge those gaps. Provide relevant compliance reporting to ensure the completion and proper analysis of suspicious activity reports that have been conducted. Improve and maintain AML/CTF policies and procedures, reflecting changes to legislation and other regulatory requirements in this respect • Develop and execute face-to-face training for staff in various business units as required. Provide advice, guidance and support to new or less experienced staff members to enable fast induction or generally raise team effectiveness. Support general compliance awareness and refresher training • Acts as secretary for the Complaints Committee
• Act as back up for the Compliance Monitoring and Testing (ICU) Officer
• Act as first point of contact with external parties like bailiffs, judicial organizations
• Maintain awareness of the department's Business Continuity Plan and undertake appropriate training to ensure correct action is taken in the event of an incident or disruption
• Identify and initiate improvements to work, customer service, quality, work processes and organizational matters in order to contribute to business efficiency goals
Wat we vragen
Education and experience University degree in Dutch Law or minimum academic ‘working and thinking level’
• ACAMS certification is a pre
• (Extensive) Knowledge of Wft, Wwft and FIU reporting
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the banking sector.
Skills & Abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - produces clear and concise reports and other written material usually of a detailed and technical nature, which are understandable to those with or without a good knowledge of the subject matter
• Analytical - uses a wide range of analytical tools, including Word, Excel etc. and techniques to identify issues/trends to provide recommendations and solutions • Methodical with a risk based and strategic mind-set
• Ability to understand business needs and address conflicts. Must be able to adapt to working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organization skills and attention for detail
• Understands AML concepts in several of the areas like AML investigation workflows and case management, KYC/CDD, correspondent banking, transaction monitoring, and suspicious activity reporting
• Creating and maintaining Procedure and Policies - a good knowledge of the required policies, practices, processes and procedures in the own areas of responsibility
• Good knowledge of the key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon. Should have knowledge and understanding of international anti-money laundering efforts and agencies (e.g. FATF, EU Directives, etc.)
• English and Dutch - both verbally and in writing.
Wat we bieden
Excellent working conditions
Our client is a medium sized Dutch bank, active in corporate and retail banking in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and a number of other European countries and Turkey.
Our client has a vacancy for a (Senior) Compliance Officer within the Compliance , Legal and Internal Control (ICU) Department.
The (Senior) Compliance Officer will be part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of 3 FTE's and will be directly reporting to the Head of Compliance & Legal Department in Rotterdam Head Office. The functional team also consist of compliance ICU officers in the branches of Dusseldorf and Brussels.
DPA in 1 minuut
Solliciteren, deze stappen doorloop je
Het is fijn om te weten welke stappen je doorloopt zodat je goed voorbereid het sollicitatie proces in gaat en niet voor vervelende verrassingen komt te staan.