Are you open for your next career step? Do you excel in managing internal and external partners, and reviewing and challenging their work? Then apply now to become a Structural Engineer within the Airports department!
Wat je gaat doen
Your primary responsibility is to coordinate all the activities around the steel construct. This includes realizing the specification of the structures and, all building and safety aspects that belong to the items like flooring, access-systems (stairs and ladders) and guarding (railing and fencing). Secondly, you will supervise the work of the layout engineering colleagues and the subcontractors (eg suppliers of mezzanines), which implies among others the coordinating the creation of 2D drawings and 3D models.
You will work on several projects simultaneously and functionally report to the Engineering Project Manager. Due to the dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment, you will work and align with internal project-team members (managers, project engineers, sales engineer, buyers) and external parties (customers, subcontractors, engineering companies, steel manufacturers). In this role, you will represent the interests of "steel structures" in a highly demanding multi-disciplinary project environment. You will be responsible to achieve the best overall steel solution while considering planning, quality, and costs as well.
Your responsibilities in brief:
- Take the lead on steelwork design and steer project teams towards a lean and cost-effective solution.
- Perform preliminary calculations for estimating steel sections during the sales phase. Prepare estimates of steel tonnages, quantities and associated costs.
- Collect all relevant technical information (including, for example, local legislation, standards and earthquake risk indicators) for sending RFQs to suppliers.
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders with regard to the technical detailing and construction of structural steelwork on site (serving as a sparring partner for sales, engineering and project teams).
- Drive the quality of work in sales and during executions.
Wat we vragen
In order to be successful in this challenging role of structural engineer, you have at least a bachelor’s degree in structural / civil / mechanical engineering – or other relevant field of study. You know your structural calculations and are interested in managing suppliers, eg challenging their calculations and designs. Furthermore:
- You preferably have at least 5 years of working experience in (steel) structural engineering.
- You have experience in structural design and BIM management.
- You are familiar with drawing software (eg Autocad 2D/3D, Revit, Tekla) and structural analysis software (eg SCIA, Robot).
- You are proactive, persuasive, analytical, cost-aware and result-driven.
- You have good negotiation and organizing skills.
- You have a good command of the English language.
Wat we bieden
Working at our engineering department means being part of a stable and financially healthy organization. We stand for quality, a long-term relationship and respect for candidates and clients.
If you choose the vacancy of Structural Engineer at our specialisation engineering, we offer you:
A challenging, international role, within a fast growing company where your development is guaranteed. In addition, good primary and secondary employment conditions, consisting of:
- A full-time employment contract
- Bonus arrangement
- 25 days of holiday
- Study costs
- Company car belongs to the possibilities
As a Structural Engineer you are a member of the Steelwork Competence Team. The Steelwork Competence Team is part of the engineering unit Airports. This unit consists of about 150 engineers, qualified in mechanical engineering, controls project engineering, integration management and project lead engineering in the Netherlands and India.
The focus is to successfully deliver maintainable projects in Baggage Handling Systems together with worldwide customer centers.
DPA in 1 minuut
Solliciteren, deze stappen doorloop je
Het is fijn om te weten welke stappen je doorloopt zodat je goed voorbereid het sollicitatie proces in gaat en niet voor vervelende verrassingen komt te staan.