Global Data Protection Manager
Wat je gaat doen
The primary responsibility of the global Data Protection Manager will be to develop, further and maintain a comprehensive data protection framework and culture within SABIC worldwide in compliance with data protection regulations world-wide which have become more and more important, not the least because of EU GDPR that has set the standard for data protection worldwide. Your scope of work will be diverse and bring you in close contact with the various businesses and functions within SABIC.
The work will include:
• Establish and maintain a privacy/data protection governance, including
• Management engagement
• Set-up and & maintain of privacy network (with assigned privacy compliance responsibilities)
• creating and monitoring compliance with policies and procedures,
• maintaining an up-to-date record of company relevant processing operations
• Inform, advise and make recommendations regarding privacy/data protection compliance
• Embed privacy/data protection into operations
• Assess, monitor and advise on data handling practices (e.g. retention, destruction)
• Coordinate and conduct privacy impact assessments for existing and new/changed programs, systems, or processes, and advise on mitigating actions
• Create, maintain and execute procedures for responding to requests of data subjects, data protection authorities and other stakeholders
• Data breach management (including timely internal and external reporting)
• Participate/coordinate in investigations concerning privacy/data protection complaints
• Report activities to management and other stakeholders
• Stay current on global data protection standards and regulatory requirements, relevant to SABIC’s needs.
The global Data Protection Manager will report to the Chief Counsel for the Region Europe.
Wat we vragen
The profile of the global Data Protection Manager includes:
•Expertise in data protection laws and practices, including in-depth EU GDPR understanding, preferably gained in a multinational environment;
•Preference for a European Masters law degree;
•3-5 years of experience in data protection program management;
•Sound understanding and familiarity with privacy and security risk assessments, information technology programming and infrastructure, information security practices, security certification, audits and best practices;
•Demonstrated leadership and project management experience;
•Drive to understand company’s processing operations, information systems, and data security and data protection needs
•Ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making within the organization;
•A strong, yet flexible personality that is able to operate in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
•Self-directed, hands-on mentality.
Wat we bieden
A very divers (fulltime) in-house position within an international company;
Open for personal development and growth;
Market conform compensation & benefit package.
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and/or assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
SABIC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals, with more than 35,000 employees worldwide and operations in more than 50 countries.
In Europe SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals with major manufacturing operations at Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (the Netherlands), Bergen op Zoom (the Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). The European head office is located in Sittard, The Netherlands.
SABIC’s Global Legal Affairs Department consists of over 100 in-house lawyers world-wide and is structured on a regional basis with global functional legal support. The Legal Affairs Department for the region Europe currently consists of 12 lawyers located in Sittard, Bergen op Zoom and Wilton (UK).