Financial Assistant Vice President
Are you experienced in the accountancy field, within a Corporate Service Provider or do you have controlling experience (in combination with an accounting background)? Are you looking for a step towards the Real Estate/ Asset Management branch? Do not look further, this position as Assistant Vice...
Financial Assistant Vice President
Wat je gaat doen
As Assistant Vice President, you will have multiple different responsibilities in different areas:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
• Quarterly review of accounting records;
• Managing the process of preparation of consolidated financial statements for the various top holding companies;
• Review of reporting packages;
• Consolidation of reporting packages per investment;
• Review / preparation of NL GAAP financial statements (IFRS knowledge is an added value);
• Working in a team to co-ordinate the (interim) audit process, liaising with local, group and global auditors to ensure that information is provided on a timely basis and that deadlines are met.
• Assist external administrators / in house accountants with preparation of accounting entries, such as acquisitions, disposals and distributions
• Day to day accounting for various companies for our investments:
• Maintaining interest calculation schedules and amortization / depreciation schedules if applicable;
• Month-end reconciliations;
• Review of accruals and provisions;
• Intercompany reconciliations and advise administration department on intercompany settlements where applicable;
• Fixed asset administration;
• Statistical reporting;
• Preparation of financial statements.
Investor & Bank Reporting
• Preparation of quarterly cash flow reporting and summary per investment;
• External debt financial covenants reporting and coordination and preparation of information packages for lending banks;
• Monitoring of cash management requirements.
Asset Management & Sales Support
• Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required;
• Preparation and monitoring of operating budgets for investments;
• Liquidity and cash management for investments;
• Support acquisitions team with financial information as required;
• Support asset management team with financial information in connection with disposals as required;
• Liaise with external advisors, such as tax advisors, auditors and legal advisors on structuring issues related to disposals.
Tax Structuring and Compliance
• Work with our internal tax team and external tax advisors to ensure that tax structuring for investments is complied with and that tax opinion are updated where relevant;
• Ensure that all tax filings are kept up to date for the SPVs;
• Ensure legal and statutory compliance through liaison with internal legal and compliance team and external legal advisors.
Wat we vragen
Requirements to become the Assistant Vice President:
For this position, you need to have an EU passport, a permanent work permit (unfortunately this organization can not offer any sponsorship to highly skilled immigrants) and a (University) degree in Accounting & Finance. Furthermore, a minimum of 5 years experience post qualification, preferably in Big 4 Real Estate, Investment Management Audit Practice or equivalent experience is required. You will bring strong technical accounting and consolidation (NL GAAP) skills (IFRS knowledge is an added value) and working knowledge of the Dutch tax structuring (European tax knowledge is a benefit). Moreover, you have excellent skills with Excel and Word (Knowledge in Yardi is a benefit). Finally, you are (verbally and written) fluent in English (Dutch or any other European language is an advantage).
Wat we bieden
What you may expect from becoming the Assistant Vice President:
• Informal environment and a role that has a wide scope of responsibilities;
• At first a 1 year contract (fulltime, 40 hours) with the intention of changing this into a permanent contract;
• Salary range between €55.000 and €62.000 before taxes on a yearly basis (including holiday allowance) with a potential discretionary bonus;
• This company is part of a US based company, therefore it contains no pension plan
• Annual vacation of 25 working days
• Repayment of all travel expenses (very good reachable by public transportation)
• A laptop and a mobile
Interested in this position as Assistant Vice President?
Apply with your resume (a short motivational letter would be considered as a plus!)
Questions about this position? You can contact Bo van ’t Schip (Your Professionals) by phone: +31(0)611725552.
Objectives of the Role and Organization:
This company is in the business of the preparation of high-quality financial information and monitoring of day-to-day matters of the Special Purpose Vehicles owned by an American Real Estate Funds investing across Europe (Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Eastern Europe). The EMEA HQ is located in Amsterdam and here you will report directly to the Senior Vice President.