Packaging Category Buyer
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse,...
Packaging Category Buyer
Wat je gaat doen
- You provide insights to category organization in the development of category strategies (identify opportunities; assist in obtaining forecasts);
- You support the category organization in the execution of category strategies and sourcing processes;
- You team up with peers in other sub-regions or regions to ensure a common way of working and the exchange of different experiences;
- You are accountable for budgeted value delivery within your area of influence;
- You manage procurement projects across Cargill’s Businesses in NL, BE, UK and Nordic countries in order to guarantee the best total cost (TCO) for Packaging materials (and related equipment);
- You lead procurement process for Packaging material/goods, services and/or supplies which are considered local spend (as defined through category alignment)
- You provide support in the development of new packaging materials;
- You work with plant/location to develop capabilities of suppliers to enhance business continuity, drive value, innovation and sustainability;
- You may act as subject matter expert on multi-functional, local project teams
Wat we vragen
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant business experience such as implementing procurement, trading or strategic sourcing related duties.
- Experience in Packaging materials
- Interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Critical thinker with strategic perspective and results oriented mindset
- Persuasive change agent capable of challenging conventional wisdom
- Ability to work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment
- Understanding of the operations, needs and requirements of key business and functions
- Experience with key suppliers and ability to develop beneficial relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English; Knowledge of Dutch is optional
Wat we bieden
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
For more information, contact DPA PeopleGroup, Marc Janssen, commercial director. Tel: 06-52645595, mail email@example.com
Refer to the privacy statement of DPA; https://www.dpa.nl/privacy-en-cookiebeleid/
"We also check your social media profiles with your application, for example on linkedin and facebook, by applying you declare that you agree"
As the Packaging Category Buyer you coordinate the Packaging Material Procurement activities, typically for multiple businesses within The Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom and the Nordic sub-region. You are responsible for some complex sourcing requirements, including implementing regional sourcing strategies in the sub-region, managing independent sourcing processes and managing supplier relationships.
Solliciteren, deze stappen doorloop je
Het is fijn om te weten welke stappen je doorloopt zodat je goed voorbereid het sollicitatie proces in gaat en niet voor vervelende verrassingen komt te staan.